Innis Town Hall
The heart and hub of Innis College, Town Hall (IN112) is a purpose-built, fully equipped, 4K-digital theatre with a warm and inviting ambience. A popular rental venue for film festivals and artistic/cultural events, rental also includes the East Atrium and Lobby – a perfect space for a reception – and Room 310E, available as a green room.
This space is good for...
Total of up to 250 seats; 199 permanent plush seats plus space for 4 assisted mobility devices; 51 folding chairs available on request.
Town Hall is generally available on a slot-based system to external clients, usually from shortly after 6pm – 10pm, Monday to Friday, and from 10am – 2pm, 2pm – 6pm, and 6pm – 10pm on Saturday and Sunday. Weekday time slots are available between U of T academic terms; please contact email@example.com for more info.
The base rate to book Town Hall is $750 for a four-hour time slot, with discounts for qualifying groups. This rate includes event set-up and tear-down time. Venue set-up outside of booked time slot is not permitted.
The base rate also includes use of the screening room with standard house equipment, one in-house technician, and one support staff person.
(These additional charges apply during base-slot booking or otherwise.)
Please specify additional requirements (e.g., audio technician, more event staff, non-standard equipment, additional hours) when booking.
Additional staffing: $50/hour for technician; $35/hour for event staff (ushers, box office staff).
Live event surcharge: $200/slot; includes audio technician for live sound mixing, events, and panels.
Additional hours past slot time: $125/hour (as available, inclusive of venue, equipment and standard staffing; must be booked in advance of event date).
A caretaking surcharge of $200 will be applied for events with food and/or non-alcoholic beverages (Food and drinks only allowed in the East Atrium and Lobby; only water is allowed in Town Hall. Please note: we do not permit external (non-U of T) clients to hold licensed events.)
Innis College is accessible on the main floor, including Town Hall. There are four dedicated spaces for assistive mobility devices at the rear of Town Hall, and the theatre has power-assisted doors for full access. Please note: while the stage is accessible, stage doors are not power assisted. Assistive-listening devices are also available. An accessible gender-neutral washroom is located next to the café. Please direct any accessibility inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A professional space equipped for both live and hybrid live and virtual events. Stage dimensions: 13.5 m x 5.5 m (44’ x 18’); screen dimensions: 4.9 m x 10.58 m (16’ x 33’).
- 4K projection for compatible digital cinema packages
- Christie CP4220 cinema projector and DoReMi IMB4K cinema server
- Dolby sound processing, QSC QSYS Digital Signal Processing
- QSC DCS Cinema speakers
- Additional formats we support:
- Digital file playback (ProRes or H265 file formats preferred)
- BluRay and DVD (multi-standard)
- Legacy formats available on request
- 35mm film reel-to-reel projection via our 2 Century XL 35 mm film projectors with 2K lamps
- 16mm film projection via our EikiEX-6000 projector offering both silent and sound film speeds
- We inspect all film prior to projection; please coordinate with Innis Venues management the drop-off of your screening materials directly to the Innis Town Hall projection booth at least three business days prior to your event.
- More comprehensive and rigorous “film festival” style inspection of your materials is also available at a cost of $50/hour
- 4 wireless handheld mics, wireless headset mics
- Wired microphones with stands and laptop connections
- Allen and Heath GLD-80 Digital Mixing System
- Whirlwind digital snake
- 8 LED stage wash lights
- 3 MAC Viper Profile motorized lights
- ETC GIO lighting control console
- Dimmable house lighting system
- 2 Panasonic AW-HE60 cameras
- Black Magic ATEM production studio
- Whirlwind press box
- Cable passthroughs for live feed broadcast media
- We can upload your recorded event to our YouTube channel or provide a digital copy of your event. (Media storage must be provided by the client if a digital copy is required.)
Drive Format- EXT 2/3/4 or NTFS or FAT32
Mac formatted drives will not work
Resolution – 2K or 4K
Frame Rate – 24, 25 or 30fps
Audio – Mono, 2.0, 5.1
DCP is our preferred screening format.
DCP playback is from a DoReMi IMB cinema server.
Server certificate for KDM generation available upon request.
Video File Format Recommendations:
Resolution — 1920 x 1080
Container — .mov or .mp4
Codec — ProRes, h264 or AVC
Audio — PCM or AAC, 48kHz, LtRt stereo (5.1 sound is not available for video files)
Bitrate — Under 50mb/s (for most reliable playback)
Video file playback is from an iMac.
We use Playback Pro, VLC or Quicktime
Other video files may be accommodated.
Please consult with Innis Venues management to confirm.
Optical disc playback is available but not recommended for screenings.
Streaming video files is not recommended.
Furniture & Fixtures
Find the furniture you need for your event here. Please make your request at time of booking.
Four armchairs: 63.5 cm depth x 66 cm width x 44.5 cm height (25” depth x 26” width x 17.5” height); rust-coloured seats with grey legs.
50 folding chairs: 45 cm depth x 45 cm width x 80.75 cm height (17.75” depth x 17.75” width x 31.75” height); black seats and legs.
Two metal coffee tables; 43 cm diameter x 45.75 cm height (17” diameter top x 18” height); brushed stainless steel finish.
Seven flip-top tables; 123 cm length x 61 cm width x 73.75 cm height (48” length x 24” width x 29” height); white table tops with grey legs on casters.
Three plastic utility-style folding tables; 183 cm length x 75 cm width x 73.75 cm height (72” length x 29.5” width x 29” height); off-white table top with grey legs.
Four grey metal sign stands; sign inserts must be 55.85 cm width x 71 cm height and maximum 0.5 cm thick (22” width x 28” height x 0.20” thickness).
One black podium with gooseneck microphone and built-in light; front-of-podium insert measurement: 58.5 cm width x 111.75 cm height (23” width x 44” height). Current insert is black with white Innis Town Hall logo.
10 retractable belt stanchions; 106.75 cm height with a base of 35.75 cm in diameter (42” height with a base of 14” in diameter); stainless steel stand with black woven belt.
Find more info
When planning your event please consult our Innis College Rental Event User Guide.
Need help in promoting your event? Check out our Promotions and Social Media Guide
Upon booking your venue please carefully review our Innis College Rental Terms & Conditions
Rent this venue
Tell us about your event by completing the Rental Request Form below. We’ll be in touch ASAP to provide answers to all your questions, and help you plan a successful event.
We welcome your questions or inquiries about any of the Innis event venues.