Innis Residence Council
The Innis Residence Council (IRC) is the student voice at Innis Residence. As a student in residence, the IRC is here to support and advocate for you, and foster a sense of community. It’s also a great volunteer opportunity to become involved and make a difference in residence life.
What we do
We work with Innis Residence administration to provide input on a number of issues, including: residence events, services, amenities, and supports. We also organize various residence-wide events, including:
- Monthly House Olympics where residents compete for our annual House Cup
- Social outings, such as ice skating, Halloween events, get-to-know-Toronto tour
- Suite events, such as cupcake decorating, planting parties, potlucks, game nights
The IRC is comprised of five executive members who are elected by the residents, six house representatives, six first-year representatives, and several committee co-chairs.
What you can do
Make a difference by running for a position on the IRC! Getting involved means you have a say in the life of your residence. You’ll get to organize events and activities, volunteer in a collaborative environment, and build your leadership skills – excellent experience from a personal development and future career perspective!
Plus, if you’re interested in applying for readmission to Innis Residence as an upper-year student, your involvement will strengthen your application.
To learn more:
- Check out the IRC Facebook page for more information and nominations
- Join the Residence Facebook group
- Read the Innis Residence Constitution to learn about the structure of the IRC, including responsibilities of elected representatives, elections, meetings, and committee roles.
- Review the minutes of past IRC Meetings
- Have questions? Contact the IRC