Borrow, Renew & Return
You’ll find everything here you need to know about borrowing, renewing, and returning items, as well as placing holds and recalls at both Innis College Library and U of T Libraries. You can also manage your account.
- Undergraduate Students– 14 days – 5 renewals, 14 days each
- Graduate Students & Staff– 56 days – 3 renewals, 56 days each
- Faculty Members– 84 days – 3 renewals, 84 days each
There are restrictions to certain collections. Please contact the library if you have questions about access:
- Course Reserves/STL (shorter-term loan) materials can be borrowed for limited time period to ensure all students in courses have access – learn more about Course Reserves
- Serials/journals and reference items are available for in-library use only
- Our PhD collection can only be borrowed by Cinema Studies PhD students; however, other users are welcome to use the books onsite
When the Innis College building is open, items can be returned to the library during regular hours. After hours, Innis College Library has a limited drop box for books, located inside the College at the entrance to the library. The drop box is accessible only when the Innis College building is open.
Outside of these hours, material may be returned to Robarts Library or its external book drop. However, books that are considered short-term loan or course reserves must be returned to the library that houses the book.
Items borrowed from the Innis College Library can be renewed online through U of T Libraries website.
Fines must be paid online. Sign in to LibrarySearch and pay fines from your account. Regular books: fines are $0.50/day per book. Course Reserves (STL) materials: fines are $0.50/hour per item. Library privileges are withheld when the block limit of $25.00 is reached, until fines are paid. Learn more about fines.
Holds and recalls
To request that an item be recalled after its initial two-week loan period, please contact the Innis College librarian about our library resources. If you don’t return recalled items within two days, you’ll be fined $2.00 per day. Learn more about requesting items.
You can also place holds on many Innis College Library books — whether they are checked out or on the shelf — and request to retrieve them at Robarts Library. Learn more about hold requests here.
Lost or damaged items
Lost books are subject to a $145.00 replacement charge. Learn more about fees for lost or damaged items.
Manage your library account
Log in to your account to find info about due dates, renewals, holds and fines. Update your preferences too.