Library staff are available to support you remotely!
Temporary Library Closure to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Innis College Library, Innis IT Help Desk, and Printing Services will be closed until further notice. Library closures are among the steps taken by the university to support public health measures designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Help from Innis College Librarian:
- Research Help is Available! Have a question? Please email the Innis College Librarian for research help (email@example.com).
Help from U of T Libraries:
Please see the COVID-19: Updates on library services and operations for the latest updates.
- Students, faculty, and staff can get remote help with library research from the U of T Libraries via chat or e-mail.
- Instructors can get resources / services from U of T Libraries that can help with online teaching.
Returning & Renewing Books:
Here’s what UofT Libraries and Innis plan to do to prevent unfair overdue fines:
- Return books – If you are leaving Toronto, please return your books to a UofT Library with an external book return / drop boxes (such as Robarts, UTM, UTSC).
- Renew Books –
- There is no need to return your books at this time. All loans will be extended and no late fines charged. For more about library service changes, see: COVID-19: Updates on library services and operations for full details.
- Questions – Contact the Innis College Librarian about if you run into issues with renewing Innis books. If you incur overdue fines for Innis books, please contact the Innis Librarian.
Help with Online Teaching:
- Quercus – https://toolboxrenewal.utoronto.ca/training-and-support/online-resources
- Microsoft Forms – If you are collecting students’ personal information, use Microsoft Forms instead of Google Forms https://toolboxrenewal.utoronto.ca/training-and-support/online-resources
- Zoom – tips on how to use Zoom for online instruction and meeting
- Instructors can get resources / services from U of T Libraries that can help with online teaching
About Innis College Library
Innis College Library is a unique space that includes quiet study space, a computer lab with printing services, and a book collection that supports the Cinema Studies Institute, Writing & Rhetoric Program, InnisONE Program, and select materials for Urban Studies Program.
Fall Orientation 2019
Take a look at Innis College Library’s 2019 Orientation Handout
KEY TIP!! Find UofT Classrooms: Using Classfind.com (classfind.com/toronto)
- Use the “Quick Search” option and enter the UofT buildings or classrooms info
- Click on the “Visit” Button for step-by-step instructions and photos for the route to classrooms
Connect with Innis College Library ONLINE
Take a look at our digitized collection of The Innis Herald – student newspaper.
Who can use Innis College Library ?
Innis College Library is open to all UofT students, staff, and faculty, but we strive to provide research support, resources, and study space to the following Innis College Communities:
- Our Undergraduate Arts & Science Students (Innis College Commuters and Innis College Residence);
- Our Academic Programs (Cinema Studies, Writing & Rhetoric, Urban Studies, and InnisONE);
- Our Alumni (please note that that Innis Alumni can only use print materials in the library).