International Student Supports
Welcome to Innis College. As an international student, you’ve come a long way to get here, and you’re now part of a diverse and inclusive community.
Build a community of friends through Innis’s Cultural Connections Program, or find helpful resources at U of T’s Centre for International Experience (CIE). You’ll find we’re dedicated to making your experience both in and outside of class the best it can be.
The Office of Student Life is here for international students
The Office of Student Life (OSL) at Innis is here to support you. We’ll contact you before you begin classes to keep you informed of all the events designed for Innis’s international student community, including International Orientation Day in August. There are also special dinners, events, and programs throughout the year: we’ll keep you posted!
I’d like to get involved, and meet others at Innis
Try one or both of these programs
Cultural Connections Program
- The Innis Cultural Connections Program (ICCP) is an exciting opportunity for new, first-year Innis students to make friends, build global citizenship skills, and learn about different cultures.
- Starting to build a diverse group of friends is easier when you can connect before classes start. That’s exactly what happens with ICCP: an upper-year Innis student will introduce you online to a diverse group of new students before classes start. Then on campus, you’ll meet in person and get to know each other with activities and meet-ups.
- You’ll benefit from building a connection with an upper-year student who will guide you, as well as becoming part of a friendly community.
Intercultural Competencies Certificate
- Take your learning a step further by participating in our Intercultural Competencies Learning Certificate.
- By joining this program, you’ll deepen your knowledge and build skills related to cultural difference and intercultural communication. These are skills you can use (and list on your resume), not just in your academic career but also in your future career. You will also receive recognition on your Co-curricular Record.
- To earn the certificate, you’ll attend a series of events/workshops held throughout the year. These will include workshops in communication, equity and inclusion, Indigenous worldviews, and more.
- Learn more about the IC Certificate.
I'd like to know about all the services U of T offers for international students
The Centre for International Experience (CIE) can help
For help with everything you need to know about learning in Canada and at the University of Toronto, U of T’s Centre for International Experience (CIE) offers a full calendar of events, including orientation seminars, academic preparation workshops, and immigration information sessions. You’ll also connect with other international students, and find help with the following:
- International study, research, internships and awards
- Help with Canadian study and work permits, and Ontario health insurance
- Global skills and intercultural communication development
- Tools to build community and succeed in Canadian campus life