Health & Wellness Supports
Feeling stressed or anxious? These emotions can be a normal part of life at university. But you know yourself best, and when classes, work, family, and even life, seem overwhelming, there’s never a wrong time to reach out for help. Please know that we are here to support you.
Our health and wellness counsellor can help
Innis College offers students a dedicated health and wellness counsellor on the U of T St. George campus. Tracey Doyle can help you with many mental health issues, including:
- Relationship or interpersonal problems
- Self-esteem or body image concerns
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks
- Academic and school pressures
Navi can help you find mental health resources
Need to talk to someone right now? My SSP is here for you
U of T’s My SSP (My Student Support) program gives you immediate and/or ongoing confidential, 24/7 support for any school, health, or general life concern. This is a free service.
There are two ways you can get help:
Phone – Within North America call 1-844-451-9700. Ongoing support is available over the phone in 146 languages. Immediate support is available over the phone in 35 languages.
GET URGENT HELP. CALL 911 if you are at immediate risk.
IF YOU ARE:
- feeling desperate and hopeless or
- worried you might hurt yourself or
- having or know someone having suicidal thoughts and
- are alone with no one to talk to
IF YOU HAVE:
- made a plan, the means to hurt yourself or someone else
- attempted suicide
- hurt yourself before
- If you are feeling desperate and hopeless, or worried you might hurt yourself or someone else
- If you are having suicidal thoughts and are alone with no one to talk to
Book an appointment with our health and wellness counsellor
Tracey Doyle, Innis’s health and wellness counsellor, is dedicated to counselling students with a wide range of mental health concerns. To book an appointment online or in-person (when available):
Get personal help finding mental health and wellness resources
Sana Imran, Innis’s assistant dean — community wellness, can help you find the appropriate mental health resources specific to your concern(s). Sana also welcomes any health- and wellness-related questions you may have.
To make an appointment with Sana, please book here, completing the “Wellness Advising Appointment” option.