Learn more about: Printing, Scanning & Photocopying
Reference & Research Help
Innis Library provides research and reference assistance to the U of T community – students, faculty, and staff. Services are provided in person, or you may phone or email the Library for assistance.
Reference services are provided whenever the Librarian is available, generally Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm, or by appointment (email email@example.com).
- Undergraduate Students – 14 days – 5 renewals, 14 days each
- Graduate Students & Staff – 56 days – 3 renewals, 56 days each
- Faculty Members – 84 days – 3 renewals, 84 days each
- See UofT Libraries guidelines on borrowing
- There are restrictions and shorter loan periods for Course Reserves / STL materials.
- Serials /Journals and Reference items are available for in-library use only.
- Our PhD Collection can only be borrowed by Cinema Studies PhD Students, however users are welcomed to use the books on site.
- All loans are subject to recall, when a hold has been placed by another borrower, after 2 weeks of the initial loan period has passed.
- Recalled material which is not returned within 2 days will be fined at the rate of $2.00 per day.
Fines and Lost Book Charges
- Fines are charged at the rate of $0.50/day per book.
- No fines are charged for the first day a book is overdue.
Course Reserves Books
- Fines on Course Reserve / Short Term Loan books are $0.50/hour to a maximum of $7.50 a day.
- No fines are charged for the first 15 minutes a book is late.
- Library privileges are withheld when the block limit is reached, until fines are paid.
- Lost library books are subject to a $145.00 replacement charge.
- The library reserves the right to charge fines in addition to the replacement cost.
Find out about Citation Managers
Citation managers can help you to collect the citation information (books, articles, and more) and automatically format in-text citations and bibliographies.
Resources for Citation Managers:
- Innis College Library information on Citation Managers
- UTL guide on Citation Managers
- Make an appointment with Kate to set up a citation manager on your own laptop via email firstname.lastname@example.org